Kambo is legal to practice and use in the United States and most every other country
2. What are the known benefits and experiences of working with Kambo? People Report Experiencing:
Super Human Strength
Deep Sense of Peace and Knowing
Improved Emotional Wellbeing
Strong Immune System
For treatment of Candida Yeast
Apart of a Detox process when coming off of Pharmaceuticals
By way of science and research Kambo is known to be one of the most powerful natural antibiotics and anesthetics found in the world. Though the use of Kambo one empowers the immune system. Furthermore, thousands of individuals who use Kambo daily all over the world report experiencing immense physical and psychological benefits post Kambo sessions.
In addition to truly thousands of people reporting numerous physical, mental, emotional and even spiritual life altering experiences from the application of Kambo, research and science continue to refer to Kambo as ‘the vaccine of the forest’. The well known Italian scientist and Nobel Prize nominee, Vittorio Erspamer, described the milky secretions of the Phyllomedusa Bicolor Frog as ‘a fantastic chemical cocktail with potential medical applications, unequaled by any other amphibian’.
3. Is Kambo psychoactive? No. Kambo is not classified as a psychedelic. There are misconceptions with Kambo online. I have read that people believe it is psychoactive even though it doesn't contain 'known psychotropic properties'. However, Kambo passes through the blood brain barrier with the support of the peptide known as phylomedusa which can cause people to pass out. I myself have experienced passing out in a Kambo session. I write about it in my about me section of this website. (Insert Link here). While in this state, I felt like I had been floating above my body. I was out for a few minutes and came to. In the process I had no idea where I had been except that I felt clear and calm for the first time in my life. I had no worries or thoughts and I felt safe and loved.
In my humble opinion, I believe everyone has a deep awareness and unique gifts. Many experiences altered states of being through meditation, yoga, breath work, exercise, cleansing and energy work. All of these tools support one in raising their vibration and connecting to their higher self. Kambo is another tool to support purification of the body and in turn raises one's vibration and natural wellness states working with powerful peptides that are natural and healing at the same time.
4. Will Kambo give me visions? Sometimes Kambo is confused with the 'bufo alvarius' toad medicine also known as sapito.
Kambo contains no psychoactive components that could trigger visions. Instead it is a very physical experience. Interestingly enough, sometimes the person receiving the treatment feels connected to the frog mentally. Through this connection, you get insights about things you should do differently or let go of all together in order to have a better life. Sometimes even memories from childhood that have been buried deep inside may emerge.
5. Is Kambo addictive? Everybody that has ever used Kambo knows that it is anything other than that. To the contrary, Kambo can help people with substance-addictions like alcohol, tobacco or other drugs. Kambo itself is non-addictive - to be exact, it is quite the opposite of that.
6. Is Kambo dangerous? If it is used in the right way, Kambo is very secure. Nevertheless it is important to be aware that this is a very potent secretion and one has to know how to work with it. Several factors have to be regarded for a secure intake. Statistically speaking, many more people could suffer side effects from common medication, to use an argument often heard however this should not be an excuse to use it irresponsibly. The biggest danger could be when a treatment is done by someone that has no experience in this area – neither as a physician, natural healer or shaman. A white gown and a syringe does not turn every human into a doctor. Equally, a few feathers and a rattle does not make someone a shaman. You should always be mindful to be treated by someone who has experience in this field and this sort of treatment. It is best to be careful when taking Kambo with natives in the jungle as some of the local practitioners are not used to working with Westerners and it could happen that they misjudge the state of health of the person being treated. Some tribes traditionally do not use Kambo when they are very weak or sick.
7. Is kambo suitable for everyone? These are conditions that I understand are not suitable for Kambo. However, there is always ongoing knowledge developing in the growth and use of Kambo in the western culture. These are the current conditions in which Kambo would be contraindicated:
Very low blood pressure or when on medication for low blood pressure
General heart problems - surgeries, heart attack
Aneurysms or blood clots
If you taking immune-suppressants for organ transplant
If you are recovering from a major surgical procedure. Min 6-8 weeks post
If you are undergoing chemotherapy or radiotherapy. Min 6-8 weeks post
Depending on your condition and ongoing knowledge that continues to develop with various medications and health conditions there maybe other cases where it is not recommended to use Kambo. Therefore, it is always good to talk beforehand with and see if a harmless treatment with the Kambo medicine is possible.
8. Will I get permanent scarring? Kambo is administered by way of a 1/8 inch diameter burn on the very top layer of the epidermis. The burns are very light and enough to expose the lympahtic system. The burns generally heal with a week. Depending on your skin type Kambo can leave a small discoloration and even a scar. However, over time the scars will fade and heal.
Most people see their Kambo scars as a badge of honour. The same points can be reused after 2- 3 months after healing as well to reduce areas used.
9. Using the “dot” as a measurement of the dose. It is a very common misunderstanding that one uses the dot or the burn for measurement of the dose, different tribes would have a different size of the tamshi to do the burns, and that is why some tribes may sometimes use 10 dots while the other may use 2 and achieve equally strong effects. The strength of the medicine may also vary from frog to frog and that is why the dose needs to be adjusted every time specific to the person that is taking it.
10. Kambo application on meridians and chakra points. One of application methods growing in popularity is the application on the meridians or the chakras. Usually there is nothing wrong with this method, but there is also nothing that makes this method more powerful then the regular and traditional application form, especially when taken with a proper intention. Burning the skin superficially over a meridian does not have the same effect as sticking a needle on that acupuncture point. If so, then the burning alone would already have a great healing effect and would not need the Kambo. The meridians are located deeper in the body, so that they can't be reached when burning the skin superficially. In addition, stimulating the meridian with heat that is produced when burning a Mugwort incense (a commune TCM method known as moxibustion) is also very different then just burning the skin superficially and should not be confused.
11. What are the spiritual benefits of Kambo? Kambo supports our ability to integrate our mind with our heart. People report deep reflection and peace after having worked with Kambo. Most common after effects would be one's ability to connect deeply to specific intentions with more clarity. There is a vibrational healing throughout the body as well.
If you are seeking to work with me in Kambo please get familiar with the clients who have given personal testimonials
DISCLAIMER: The use and application of our products and services is at the customer’s discretion, responsibility and risk. The information provided is purely meant for historical, scientific and educational purposes and should never be interpreted as a recommendation for a specific use. This product is offered for its ethnographic and historical value only.